Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Track: Imogen Heap - The Shepherdess [2010] [Single]


The Shepherdess was improvised live in front of a sold out audience at Shepherd's Bush Empire, London on 19th February 2010.

Purchase the new track here.

All proceeds from sales of this track will be going to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London.

Artwork: Crishna Simmons AKA Flickr user Kikishua.
credits
released 21 February 2010
Music: Imogen Heap & The Audience.
Artwork: Crishna Simmons AKA Flickr user Kikishua.
Mix Engineer: Tom Evans
Recording engineer + set up: Mike Benson

Download the track here.

Quote From Immi:

"Hi there!

Thank you so much for coming and having a look here.
If you weren't at London's show last night, let me explain a little what this is all about.

At the Shepherd's Bush Empire, I tried out something for the first time that I hope will become the first of many.

A live improvised piece of music, where the key, tempo and time signature were chosen by the audience 30 seconds before I started.

I gave it my best shot and began to sing, play and record whatever came into my head.

"The Shepherdess" is what the audience heard.
I held up a sign on stage and asked the audience to take a picture of me with it for the cover art.
Thank you for the photo!

All the proceeds from "The Shepherdess" goes to Great Ormond Street hospital.

Why? Because it's a local London Charity and because when I was one, they diagnosed me with Osteomyelitis. A brilliant surgeon then operated swiftly and saved my little leg.

I've wanted to thank them ever since.

This was the tester. If It works out I'll be doing this regularly wherever I tour.

The charities will always be local. The piece determined by the audience from that area.

We'll get a website for you to keep a track of what charity I'm supporting in the areas I'm touring.

Hope you like the music. I think there are some really lovely moments.

Lots of love"

No comments:

Post a Comment